[Bf-funboard] Edit mode to Object mode switching

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Tue Feb 3 23:15:24 CET 2009

Thank you Roland and Campbell

I am impressed with Roland's Interface Creation Proposal and would add that
consideration be given to tablet and stylus in preference to mouse and keyboard
in the immediate rather than distant future.

One of my daughters is doing an intensive Biological  art degree (an artist for
25 years) and the other as you know, Games design technology. (graphics design
10 years). I have been doing solid modeling for 15 years.
Both use graphics tablets exclusively, they say its old fashioned to use mouse
and keyboard.
I haven't  because Fedora 8 doesn't like Intuous tablets.

They both use the visual tablet at uni, where the monitor and tablet are
combined, this is a favorite for games designers and graphic artists whom they
work with.

This is why I thew in the comment below.

Watching my daughter using her applications I simply don't understand the comment:
>> I still don't think double click for anything in production is good.
I got so used to double click facility when using TurboCad Professional a few
years ago.
Double click in Scribus works for me.

Agreed. Professional apps don't use double click, they have complicated the over
the years. it drives my daughter potty and she inevitably resorts to Blender to
get a job done.

  >As a professional graphics app user of many years
> (like, 15), I can tell you that none of the major apps I use for
> production work use the double-click.
Ok but haven't there been many times you thought "I wish they did it this or
that way"? Its like boiling a frog in water, one get's used to it.
Over probably the same number of years we have used those apps and they never
get better, just more complex menu /dialog systems.

Whats the problem if a wanker breaks the (his own) system. Simply reinstall or
grab the default settings file and their problem goes away, it shouldn't affect
anyone else and such breaks would be dissected by the group as is this double
click proposal. I don't see it as a G/I responsibility.

Roger