[Bf-funboard] Edit mode to Object mode switching

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 03:48:53 CET 2009

Don't think this would get past the UI mafia, A few times double
clicking has been suggested in blender but you might notice blender
doesn't use this anywhere at the moment.
IIRC this is intentional.

Double clicking to toggle editmode looks convenient, but might also
backfire and be annoying?
Say you apply this to mesh edit, ipo's, sequencer metastrips... When
placing the 3d cursor or playhead its possible your clicks could be
interpreted as changing editmode... practically not sure how much this
would happen though.

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:49 AM, JimmyVolatile <spam at useful.no> wrote:
> I second that. I can't think of any other functionality that already
> occupies this interaction method at the moment.
>
> Regs, Jimmy Volatile
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Karl Kühberger <karl.kuehberger at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> this would be great and very intuitive to new blender users.
>> stuff like double-click and drag&drop should be used more
>> in blender.
>>

>> 2009/1/31 Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au>:
>> > Suggestion for Blender 2.5 can a double click switch between object and
>> > edit
>> > mode and back again be implemented..
>> > Double click on an object puts the object in edit mode, double click
>> > anywhere
>> > off the object returns to object mode.
>> > TIA
>> > Roger
>> > Apologies for using this email contact method but messages sent any
>> > other way do
>> > not get to the list.
>> > Dont know why.

> --