[Bf-funboard] character rigging questions

Stefan Andersson sanders3d at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:08:00 CEST 2009

Hi All

Comming from a XSI/maya background I have a few questions that I hope
someone could answer for me, or point to some tutorials or documents.

* weight painting
It seems that skinning/envelop seems a bit different than in any other
packages I've been using. And while there are some really beginners
tutorials, they only use really basic characters as an exampel, and
it's difficult to apply those method to a more complex character.
Using skinning to rig a face for instance (eyelids, expressions, etx.)

* bone_preserve_volume
A script I've found with the BBB characters. And I think this one
would become very handy when rigging fat characters, but I have no
idea on how to use it.

Anyhow, I hope someone could point me in the right direction so that I
could start transfering my rigged characters from XSI to blender.

best regards
stefan andersson