[Bf-funboard] Feature request: 3D compositing

IL'dar AKHmetgaleev akhilman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:54:20 CEST 2008

Greetings!

In current blender's compositor moving some image part over composition
is very hard. You have to use combination of time/move/rotate/scale
nodes or put image over plane and render it first.

I propose to make transform node which will have representation in 3d
scene as plane with image that comes to node's input. This node should
just apply object to image space matrix to input image. So it will be
very fast. This node should output image, image plane's Z-depth and
motion vector to apply DOF and motion blur effects.

This node will provide easy way to animate layer transformation and
even way to put some sprites/gradients/effects directly in 3d scene.

This screen-shot shows how this transform nodes may appears in viewport:
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotjq0.jpg
As I said above in viewport node should display image which comes to
it's input. So it will allow to apply scheme like:
Real Footage --> ChromaKey --> Transform --> Z Combine
                                    3D scene------^
And you will see in 3d scene already keyed footage.

Also will be nice to see image from Viewer node in viewport background.

--
Втр Сен 30 17:50:43 KRAST 2008
Tue Sep 30 09:50:43 UTC 2008
jabber: akhil at jabber.ru