[Bf-funboard] Node based AI editor for Game Engine

pavel siska paya.siska at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 21:14:00 CEST 2008

Hi,
I think that node based system for controling the AI in Game engine would be
great... something like we can see in Massive products (
http://www.massivesoftware.com/prime/ )...

Main benefits:
1.Better AI in games.
2.Easier construction of AI.
3.This model could be used also for the environment behaviour...
4.Complex node networks could act as big managing apps inside the game
engine itself for whatever you want (weather, LOD, material display,
etc...).
5.On the other hand it can be used for the crowd simulations in movies
exactly as in Massive products...

The Future?:
- The node system for Game engine could be enhanced to all part of
blender.....
imagine... The Blender 2.50 will be node based right?, or better more
node-based-API-friendly ok.... So how the time will go there can be one big
node editor... Wouldn't it be great if you have creation environment so
complex that you could create interaction
between:
-Particles and dynamics.
-Animations and dynamics.
-Dynamics and meshes.
-Shaders and lighting.

And many other modules could be connected with game engine like composition
or audio system...
........and I think this is possible only with node-based model.