[Bf-funboard] bge proposal : having python scripts for sensors, (controllers) and actuators

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Tue Sep 16 11:19:39 CEST 2008

Jonathan-David SCHRODER schrieb:
> Hi

Hi!

> My final proposal is :
> 1) make sensors able to be scripts
> 2) controllers are scriptable this is ok
> 3) make actuators able to be scripts
>
> What do you think ?

I really cant see (maybe your examples are to unspecific) what this
could help.

You can controll an object from a controller without any actuator
(visibility, mesh, pos, orientation etc.) So many things are already
possible. Maybe you also want to play Ipos? Well what is so bad about
having an (named, this helps) Actuator?

For the sensors: I dont think it would be wise to make some script
sensor. Can your eye think? ;-)

I think the logic system has its flaws but it proved in the last years
that it is working in the way it was designed (SCA like in a living
thing), we can (I think) do nearly everything with it, and the python in
the controllers unlocks the rest.

Best regards,
Carsten

--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/