[Bf-funboard] Interchanged Y- and Z-keys in Mac OS X "Leopard" version

Karl Kühberger karl.kuehberger at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 12:01:11 CET 2008

Hi to all!

I know that this is not the right place for this kind of question, but
in the Blender forums nobody could help me.

Since I have upgraded from Tiger to Leopard, Blender has interchanged
Y- and Z-keys. First I thouht it is just a problem with the
systemsettings (English instead of German keyboard), but the problem
does not appear in any other program but in Blender. It doesn't matter
if I use German or English language settings in Mac OS X.
I could get accustomed to press Strg-Y for Undo and Strg-Z for Redo,
but it is quite annoying to do the same with the axis. G(rab) Y to
move an object along the Z-axis always will be unacceptable for me.
And it is completely unacceptable to use these interchanged keys when
teaching beginners in Blender, and this ist what I regularly do.

I have already reported the problem to Apple but did not get any
reply, which of course I never expected.

Has anybody out there the same problem with Leopard, or do you even
have a solution for it. Even a little hack would be of great help!
Maybe the problem will be away in Blender 2.50. I wonder when 2.50
will be released. Does anybody know more about the release plan?

Thanks and sorry for putting this question here.

Cheers,
Karl