[Bf-funboard] Apricot Feature Request List (condensed)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:50:44 CET 2008

The thing about defining your own window type or object type, is that
it only needs to look like a different object type.
in the case of crystalspace, extending empties drawtypes is probably
fine - as well as having a nice way for users to add different object
types that can be defined by crystalspace or another tool.

The same goes for window types, it would be nice to be able to
register custom window types to display in the menu. Internally this
can be the script window type. but as long as it acts like a new
window type I think this is enough.

We have discussed a generic 'Modding' system for Blender, so a python
module/class, can register window types, panels, object types, id
property templates for different object types.
In the short term this could be added as a python api, with
Draw.RegisterPanel(...), RegisterTemplate, etc but this needs to be
planned with blender 2.5 in mind.