[Bf-funboard] Snap Menu Order

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Fri Mar 7 00:42:25 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 02:17:52PM +0100, Campbell Barton wrote:
>  > I find the existing layout confusing, Confusing enough that I need to
>  > read the menu, think about it, and sometimes I select the wrong one.
>
>  I suspect this has more to do with your dyslexia.

Well I suppose I suffer from it too then, I use this every day and
still can't get the hang of that menu, having little 'what the ...'
moments when I open it up, trying to figure out what it is that I want
to do. The organisation's quite confusing.

Anyway, like most of the accumulated cruft, best to wait for 2.5 to
clean it all up. Lukep's got the right idea, mnemonics are a much
better way to do these short cuts - much easier to remember, and not
dependent on order of things appearing in the menu, which as we've
seen here and in other areas is very hard to extend.

cheers

Matt