[Bf-funboard] Blender Gui for 2.5

David Bryant aceone at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 4 11:12:51 CET 2008

I happen to like your mockups.
Reason?
3D artist are a finicky brood.They like what they like because it fits in
with their workflow and they're used to the interface.Any drastic changes in
the UI messes with their minds and the way they work.

I've worked with Softimage.I hate it's UI, I've worked with Electric
Image.Don't like it's workflow.Max and Maya I work with constantly and I
happen to like it's UI setup.I also like Animation Master's UI setup and
flow.I love Silo's modeler workflow and dislike Modo's because of it's
crowded UI.

Most feel the same way about Blender because they like it's UI and workflow
which I agree is super fast once you get used to the way it works.That's why
I use it when I need to produce work really fast.

Your panels are easy to read thus quick to access.Blender's present panel
setup is soon to be outdated as tool options demand present panels to get
longer and wider thus needing a more efficient way of expanding tool options
with easy access and visibility.

Let's face it, for Blender to grow as an app, there's going to
be a need to tackle Blender's screen real estate in a totally different way
than some migh be used to.
What is more, a mockup is just what it is. A mockup! It's not set in stone.
It can always be adjusted.
Your interface gives Blender a new updated look.Gives coders more room to
add more features from what I can see. But, only one thing that Blender has
that no other app has that I've seen in 16 years of working in 3D is that it
has a non invasive desktop that is highly configurable.It dos'nt crowd you
out and block the view of things.If you can preserve that ability within
your design,I give it a thumbs up!

Most people are afraid of different an drastically new changes.Some are
going to like it, some are not.
But, I do say to the community even if it's not fully accepted, take the
good ideas out of this mockup because there are some.

A fellow coder and user,
Digikiller