[Bf-funboard] Blender Gui for 2.5

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Mon Mar 3 18:37:30 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 18:08 -0800, Nathaniel Dickerson wrote:
> Hoping to get some feedback on this sketch of a new layout for Blender
> from the functionality board. Any crits comments would be great.
>
> Link below..
> http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/runlevel5/?action=view&current=BLENDER-25-SLATEDESIGNVERSION05.jpg

Just another idea for UI mock-artists: often I see a ui that has very
little ( a cube, or some cut and pasted images). It would be a
nice/illuminating challenge to take your most complex scene (animation,
big nodes setup, etc) and do your mockup around that, thinking how would
it work for things you are actually doing. Or conversely, download an
(for example ) Elephants Dream scene, or (soon) peach scene, and try to
see how it would work with your new ideas.

Again, this is not meant as negative criticism, I think doing interface
mockups is very cool, and even if the entire thing is "not perfect"
there may still be one or two ideas in each mockup that inspire/interest
the developers. At the very worst, it cannot harm, and at the best, it
can lead to something good.

Cheers
Bassam