[Bf-funboard] Blender Gui for 2.5

Gustav Göransson gustav.goransson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 16:04:30 CET 2008

Nathan Letwory skrev:
> I think it would be good if you explained your layout, and give
> arguments for your design decisions. That way it's much easier to give
> focused critique.
>
> /Nathan
>
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Nathaniel Dickerson <nd_3d at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hoping to get some feedback on this sketch of a new layout for Blender from
>> the functionality board. Any crits comments would be great.
>>
>> Link below..
>> http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/runlevel5/?action=view&current=BLENDER-25-SLATEDESIGNVERSION05.jpg

Maybe a little off-topic, but how much gui-redesign work are planned for
2.5 anyway? Are we talking minor changes or a total redesign? Maybe
there is a need for a "special" gui-team who collect ideas and
standpoints from community, like the one gimp have ( http://gui.gimp.org
). Just mention this because I think any gui-rework needs to be
carefully planned and well-thought out (not say this isn't the case with
blender =). I'm sure that i am not the only one who has ideas and
suggestions to improve the GUI and it would if we could collect all the
ideas in one place =)

/Gustav