[Bf-funboard] UV unwrapping: (manual or automated) packing of several objects

Melchior FRANZ melchior.franz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 00:34:38 CET 2008

* Davide Vercelli -- Monday 03 March 2008:
> Maybe this could help?
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Scripts/Manual/Image/Image_Auto_Layout

Yes, could be. It just was in the wrong menu (for my internal
logic), it asked for 2 or more images (huh? I wanted to pack
the mappings for one or more objects on one image -- why would
I want to mess with several images?!), and I didn't really
understand the description ("makes a new image from the used
areas of all the images mapped to the selected mesh objects").
I tried it, it didn't seem to do what I want, so I rolled
my own. Probably a waste of time.  :-)

m.