[Bf-funboard] Drawing beziers on 2D Planes

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Sat Jun 7 01:56:45 CEST 2008

Using a 2D plane upon which to draw,
My dream would be to draw freehand bezier straight lines exactly as is done in
Flash, no handles, no highlighted end points, no paths (aka gimp), then use the
mouse pointer to bend the straight lines as the artist requires to the shapes
required. Each closed bezier section could be seperately coloured as is in Flash.
Once a closed 2D object is drawn, with one click the plane reshapes to the
external 2d shape and the end points of each line and join become vertex points.
This way it could be very simple to develop rapid 2D models  of trees, humans,
animals, etc in Blender ready to apply armatures.
My daughter creates complex 2 D scenes in Flash in 1/4 the time it takes me in
Blender.
The current method of extruding verts in Blender is laborious and provides only
straight lines and is difficult to gnerate  outlines of, for example, a tree
with leaves which has alpha transparency between the leaves and branches.

TIA
Roger