[Bf-funboard] Eular rotation vs Quarternion rotation

Janek Kozicki janek_listy at wp.pl
Tue Jan 22 01:21:23 CET 2008

Janek Kozicki said:     (by the date of Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:01:33 +0100)

> You can implement euler <-> quaternion conversion for
> the "editing only" purpose using equations on page 148 from this .pdf:
>
>   http://janek.kozicki.pl/phdthesis/kozicki_2007_PhD.pdf

oops, that should be page 150, since you need "Euler angle" I guess?
Well implementing both of them would be exactly the same effort as
implementing just one.

You know - internally blender still uses quaternions (it's really not
possible to work with anything else internally). But for the editing
purposes people are shown axes calculated by this conversion. Just
like when you work with mesh you see triangular faces drawn on
screen, not just their coordinates in a textbox, right?

best regards