[Bf-funboard] some small interface remarks

olivier amrein oenvoyage at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 04:52:10 CET 2008

Thanks for your first mailling response,

On 02/01/2008, Pablo Vazquez - www.venomgfx.com.ar <info at venomgfx.com.ar> wrote:

> 1. Just try to make a bordered render in the Passepartout and it will
> switch it off.

yes it works, only in s SVN build though, so i will have to wait until
the official release to use it.

> > 2. still about bordered renders, the J-KEY to switch beetween 2
> > bordered renders doesnt work. I really missed that one when doing
> > tweeking of details on a 4k renders
>
> 2. Are you sure about that? Just tested it here and it works.

yes i am sure...i just tested again, on mac, on pc. when i press J i
get that render (previous) window title but its empty, black. Then i
thought i should try to find why it works on your side...
and i discovered it only works when your render display option is in
"Image Editor" or "fullscreen". Mine is in "Render Window" and thus
doesnt work. I guess this is a bug, does it do the same by some other
users?

> > 3. there is no "click to disable this channel texture" switch (the
> > little checkmark) in the World texture (see
> > http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=worldtexturesoh5.jpg),
> > especially usefull when testing a scene with different environment
> > maps
>
> 3. Oh, that one.. I miss that too, it's a known issue and is not that
> easy as copy/paste the function in the material texture channels. So
> we will have to wait.

ok i am patient

> > 4. is there a way to enable AUTO snap to Frame in the IPO editor? i
> > often use the SHIFT-S 3 shortcut, but would enjoy having keys
> > automatically snap to a frame when i move them.
>
> 4. Aligorith already added that in the Action/NLA editors, must be a
> reason why it is not in the IPO editor too, it would be useful yes.

thanks for the info, i will wait as well.

> > and of course i wish you all a very happy new year and lots of
> > blendering in 2008
>
> happy new year too! =)
>
> my first mailing list response ever! :D

-----