[Bf-funboard] some small interface remarks

Pablo Vazquez - www.venomgfx.com.ar info at venomgfx.com.ar
Wed Jan 2 02:25:56 CET 2008

On Jan 1, 2008 9:40 PM, olivier amrein <oenvoyage at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello blender guys,
> recently been quiet busy with blender and i noticed 3-4 things , in
> the user interface that i want to propose or discuss:
> 1. there is a shortcut to make a bordered render SHIFT-B, which is
> great, but i miss a shortcut to switch it off (ok maybe with future
> full customisable keyboard it will be possible.

1. Just try to make a bordered render in the Passepartout and it will
switch it off.

> 2. still about bordered renders, the J-KEY to switch beetween 2
> bordered renders doesnt work. I really missed that one when doing
> tweeking of details on a 4k renders

2. Are you sure about that? Just tested it here and it works.

> 3. there is no "click to disable this channel texture" switch (the
> little checkmark) in the World texture (see
> http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=worldtexturesoh5.jpg),
> especially usefull when testing a scene with different environment
> maps

3. Oh, that one.. I miss that too, it's a known issue and is not that
easy as copy/paste the function in the material texture channels. So
we will have to wait.

> 4. is there a way to enable AUTO snap to Frame in the IPO editor? i
> often use the SHIFT-S 3 shortcut, but would enjoy having keys
> automatically snap to a frame when i move them.

4. Aligorith already added that in the Action/NLA editors, must be a
reason why it is not in the IPO editor too, it would be useful yes.

> and of course i wish you all a very happy new year and lots of
> blendering in 2008

happy new year too! =)

my first mailing list response ever! :D