[Bf-funboard] Field-Aware compositor nodes

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Wed Feb 20 19:08:07 CET 2008

I guess it would be possible for each set of fields (even or odd) to
create an interpolated line of pixels where the other field is and use
that resultant image (one per field) to do the blur- or maybe just take
each field as a half height image, blur it with half the vertical blur
distance, then split them back into fields..
this would be faster than rendering at 60 frames per second, then doing
the fields as a post process, but would not look as good.
yeah, a naive blur does look horrible (I speak from having fallen into
that trap.)

It would be good to implement a field aware compositor, since some
source footage might not be 3d- it could be interlaced video, and it
would be good to be able to handle that gracefully in the compositor.
I hope fields die the miserable death they deserve one of these days.
bassam <-- a "progressive" ;)