[Bf-funboard] Suggestion: Mesh nodes

bassam bkurdali at freefactory.org
Sun Dec 28 00:24:34 CET 2008

This is something the devs (ton/aligorith/artificer/others) have talked
about before. I agree it would rock ), but requires 2.5 work to
stabilize to give the right framework, and to leave time for such a
project.
Ton even spoke of nodal constraints (which has some distinct
possibilities) as being an easier task. He also mentioned that nodal
modifiers would possibly work only on the 'deformers' i.e. modifiers
that don't generate new geometry. This would already be fantastic for
riggers.
Everything is animatable is a target for 2.5 blender, or at least it
will make it possible to do.
I think nathan had some nice mockups on ways to do nodal constraints
(nathan vegdahl) with suggestions of different ways to keep the node
network more sane to work with. Sorry I don't have the url anymore.
Bassam

PS softimage new ice system is also a nice inspiration to look at in
addition to maya. (also houdini has reputedly a great system)