[Bf-funboard] Erase - Delete - Naming issue

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sat Oct 13 13:47:04 CEST 2007

Hi Guys,

This is not a bug, so not in the bug tracker, butIi noticed it, and feel
its a small thing in the interface which is illogical.

I'm currently writing some blender resources, and got up to the section
explaining about deleting vertices in edit mode. I noticed that the
'Delete Menu', is actually titled the 'Erase Menu' which is not
incorrect use of English. But I think is illogical, especially since you
can access the menu via the [Delete] key.

Erase I would imaging being used in relation to 2D image editing where
there is an Analogue nature about the action.  But I would imagine
Delete as being to remove something completely.

Anyone have strong opinions either way?  I would vote to have the
wording changed.

Doug Ollivier