[Bf-funboard] Named Layer Feature

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Sat Oct 13 10:07:31 CEST 2007

<snip > I feel that layer naming is a safe feature to add, I don't see it as a
> step that will take us away from a positive goal.  How this is managed
> in the Blender file itself that needs to be approved IMO.
</snip>.

Layer naming can be as peripheral as double clicking on the layer in the layer
panel to which a small dialog pops up like the <name> popup

Maybe double clicking on the layer button could pop up the <Name> dialog and the
layer name be added there like we do with naming objects, etc.
The <name> dialog would have different information and buttons.
One to show a list of layer names and  permit raising or lowering them on the list
another to provide a dialog in which layer attributes can be entered or changed.

The Layer panel could display significantly smaller layer buttons which show the
layer number, 1 to 10, single click on a layer button pops up the list 1-10  of
layers attributed to that layer button.
Roger