[Bf-funboard] Named Layers

David Bryant aceone at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 11 23:00:42 CEST 2007

 All major 3D apps have named layer systems.I come from a Maya production background.My theory is that it has to start somewhere.I'm personally working on tying it in to the outliner at this very moment.I'm currently using Blender in a professional venue and the layer naming technique is a must for pro production.A dynamically allocated layer system is conventional and much more efficient which I can design and code but, as I mentioned and respectfully so,It has to start somewhere.My development of this feature will continue because of the nature of my profession in 3D and my usage of Blender in my production pipeline but I also want the Blender community to benifit from the work also.