[Bf-funboard] O.S. Integration and better plugin browser

Alessandro Preziosi lsnpreziosi at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 15:01:35 CET 2007

The improvements you suggested are not bad.
The network neighbourhood is a must-have. I didn't know it did not work in windows.
As for the fonts, I saw something was in program for Google' SummerOfCode 2007 (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/GSOC_2007_Ideas end of the page, section "Other"), but I don't think it has been overtaken by anybody.
The font loading and preview would be good (really good if with real time scene updating), but it has to be carefully thought.
Maybe Blender should continue to give the possibility of loading fonts from other directories, and not to load "system fonts" at all.
Q: Does Blender save the used fonts inside the .blend file? (I mean, if you use a font, save the scene and open it on a computer without the font, does it work?)
If so it should only save the actually used fonts of course.

See you,
Ale