[Bf-funboard] O.S. Integration and better plugin browser

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:41:03 CET 2007

Id really like to see better OS integration, spesificlly
- An easy way to manage scripts on linux (and os X aparently) - At the
moment many many script bug reports are due to users running old
scripts or a mixture of old/new. If it worked like windows where by
default it used scripts in the subdirectory this would be ideal IMHO.

- Better freedesktop (linux/solaris/bsd) support - so when you install
blender, double clicking on a blend file loads it with blender.
installing could also add a blender.desktop file.
- Support for blender loading other 3d formats on double click -
dxf/obj/3ds etc...
- Review patch to have a console in blenders view. (having a separate
console is not that normal at the moment some important error messages
use this)
- Move errors out of the console - Have some way to notify users when
linked libs dont load, or when files are missing, at the moment its
only printed in the console.