[Bf-funboard] Zoom and Drag

Jason van Gumster flaw at misaligned.net
Thu Nov 15 20:36:34 CET 2007

Hello,

"olivier amrein" <oenvoyage at gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing i like to see is the middle mouse button to enable a switch
> back and forth beetween those windows type ... let me explain : i am
> in a 3d view, and quick need to change an IPO... i change my 3d view
> to IPO curve editor... i edit my curve and then i want to go back to
> my original 3d view...i would like to be able to just MMB click on
> that icon to switch back  instead of  having to drop-down menu...
> slightly quicker and just a wish

Is using SHIFT+Function key to switch window types not fast enough?
That way you don't even have to move your mouse at all! :)

That said, a hotswap option between two frequently used windows (like
using the J-key on renders to swap between buffers) might be a nice
workflow addition, but I'd rather it be a hotkey than something I do
with the mouse (though I know we're running short on hotkeys).  Maybe
we could use Q (for "Quick swap) since it's been recently liberated
from Quit functionality. ;)

  -Fweeb