[Bf-funboard] Zoom and Drag

Alessandro Preziosi lsnpreziosi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 17:12:31 CET 2007

I'd like the Zoom with the mouse wheel not to zoom always toward the center of the view, but toward the point where the cursor(mouse) is.
I also think that the keys for the operations of dragging the view (Shift+MiddleMouseButton) and rotating it (MMB), should be interchanged.
In fact the operation of dragging is more often used, as you usually spend a lot of time looking at the scene from the same angle, and as you also drag in 2d views and panels.
Therefore dragging should be more easy (only MMB) than rotating, and this way you would also eliminate the problem (happened to me many times) of accidentally rotating a 2d view, making it an axonometric view.

These are the first two things that I noticed, but I think that other will follow.
I can code, so, if you like these first ideas, I could try making the changes myself.

Read you soon,

Ale