[Bf-funboard] Seeing multiple IPO curves in IPO curve

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Sun Nov 11 16:53:34 CET 2007

Do you think that viewing multiple IPOs for different objects is enough?
I do think that's a very good thing, but I've often thought it would be
better if IPOs were more generic so you could assign a curve to more
numeric values in blender, and that you could view multiple IPOs
regardless of the type (i.e. material RGB IPOs and Object location IPOs
simultaneously) instead of having an "IPO Block" that only contains IPOs
of a specific type.
Maybe a user definable IPO block?
Anyway, I hope multiple IPOs in the same window is accepted, sounds like
a great improvement.

Perhaps it could be done via the user definable block idea, where you
could select an IPO curve from any object, hit a hotkey or a menu item
that says "put in block" and select the user defined block you created
from a menu, or "put in new block" to make a new one menu. The IPO curve
header could have a new IPO "type" instead of action/material/etc called
"user", when you select in the UI an object that has IPOs in the user
defined block, that block is shown, and you have another method (similar
to that of selecting texture channels for the material IPO) to pick
which block to use in the case there are more than one.
Anyway, just an idea, perhaps too clunky.