[Bf-funboard] Named Layers Blender wiki page

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 06:06:13 CET 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 7:12 PM, Jason van Gumster <flaw at misaligned.net> wrote:

> Perhaps the question is, "What are people using layers and groups
> for? what should they be used for?"  The answer for that question(s)
> can allow us to massage the UI of each of those things to reflect those
> primary usages.

Ironically, I've read posts on the internet asking how one could put a
single object on multiple layers and people replying "Why would you want to
do that?". No, it wasn't me but it would certainly describe my thoughts on
the matter until this whole discourse took place.  I understand now that the
underlying system which allows for "layers" in Blender is more
capable\robust then the simple way in which I think most people use them.
That said, I think calling it something like "tags", especially with the
ability to have arbitrary amounts of them apparently on the horizon would be
a rather forward looking thing to do.

phong.