[Bf-funboard] Named Layers

David Bryant aceone at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 9 18:54:34 CET 2007

 Every 3D package has traits unique to itself.Blender is included.Maya isn't
Max,Max isn't Lightwave,Lightwave isn't XSI etc.People prefer certain
packages because they like it's workflow.It fit's the way they work.I've
been involved with almost every aspect of 3D since the early 90's and have
used every package professionally that I have just mentioned and the layer
functions in every one of them (including Blender) is basically the
same.Really, the only thing Blender lacks (at this point) is that they're
only 20 of them (Scene Layers).
Eventually , after all the functionality is solidified, I'm hoping to solve
that problem.

So in the end,layers are layers.

Much love