[Bf-funboard] Named Layers Blender wiki page

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Thu Nov 8 16:52:03 CET 2007

yup, blender layers are nothing like photoshop layers... think of them
 as sets of objects: an object can belong to multiple sets (set of
things that are renderable, sets of things that are chairs, set of
things that are made of wood) it is interesting for blender scenes that
things that can belong to multiple sets (layers)
to further confuse you, there are render layers (each is a set of
layers!) and armature layers (internal to the armature) and then there
are groups....
naming layers is cool,  render layers already have names, so why not
"regular" layers, but we shouldn't let the word "layer" make us think
they are something like photoshop. (even photoshop layers are getting
more complex)