[Bf-funboard] No Torus and some ideas (Snapping feature)

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 19:02:49 CEST 2007

--- Patrik Andersson <patrik at linet.se> wrote:

> Chris Burt wrote:
> > I have to say at first I was very skeptical that
> this discussion would
> > go anywhere useful but your second proposal video
> is quite good. It
> > made me realize that it could be extended so that
> when ALT is pressed
> > you have the ability to type in the radius of the
> snapping influence.
> >
> Thank you.
> It's sounds good, that could work. The only thing
> that worry me, in this
> solution, it's that you have both CTRL and ALT down
> while you typing the
> value. It could be little uncomfortable for the
> user. But maybe it's
> nothing to worry about.

You don't have to hold Ctrl (or Alt) all the time, you
can just hold it down when near a snapping point,
release it while typing and then pressing it again
until you confirm the transformation.

> I'm open for it.
> > Not to hijack the discussion but, how do people
> feel about the idea of
> > having all of the snapping controls in a "Snap
> Tools" floating panel?
> > It would free up room on the 3D header and give
> more room to add
> > future snapping options.
> >
> I like the idea.

Yeah, a panel would be nice. It could free a lot of
space in the 3D header too.

Martin

____________________________________________________________________________________Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

!DSPAM:80,4651d4d436375763312901!