[Bf-funboard] No Torus and some ideas (Snapping feature)

Patrik Andersson patrik at linet.se
Thu May 17 13:51:08 CEST 2007

I cleaned up the message a bit, it was too much text I think.

> There's no bug there. To do what you defined as the
> "correct" behavior, there would need to be two sets of
> axis: the constraint axis (the blue line in your
> screen shot. This is what you are locking to BTW, not
> the X-axis) and an "align" axis (in this screenshot,
> the Y-axis).
>
> Once again, it's a matter of interface, ease of use
> and bloatedness. There's a limit to cramming features,
> at one point, there should be a separate tool.
>
> Martin

I looked a bit in the source today to see how you have build the
snapping-system. You have done a great work.
Do I understand you right if I say that you are using this theory
http://linet.se/blender/snappingtheory.png ?

!DSPAM:80,464c67a156691975216597!