[Bf-funboard] No Torus and some ideas

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue May 15 13:44:03 CEST 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Patrik Andersson wrote:

> Hi,
> I just installed blender 2.44 64bit for linux (python 2.4) and
> discovered that the torus primitive is missing in this version. I don't
> find anything like this : add->mesh->Torus

There never was such a primitive.

You can build your own or, if you can live with non-uniform mesh density,
use the Surface->Donut primitive and convert it to a mesh.

> The ability to lock X/Y/Z axis during transformations is good, is it
> possible to lock the Normal too?

I assume you mean "lock rotation". It's possible to lock scale and rotation
of objects during transforms by enabling the "Move Object Centers Only"
Toggle in the 3d View header.

Alexander Ewering

[ i n s t i n c t i v e . ]      instinctive mediaworks

Zur Waldeshoehe 6                    Tel.: 02393-220558
59846 Sundern                         Fax: 02393-220559
Germany                xx-mail: xx-mail.com/instinctive

!DSPAM:80,46499d62106987182213421!