[Bf-funboard] Euler for animator, Quaternions for Blender !

Claudio "malefico" Andaur malefico at manosdigitales.com
Wed May 9 04:31:11 CEST 2007

Following up a discussion in Comitters list:

I also found myself struggling with Quaternions when retouching
animation and agree that having a more understandable interface for
animators (let's say, using Eulers instead) and let Blender to manage
internally Quaternions would be a great improvement in workflow.

I certainly have no idea on how difficult it would be to implement such
thing, but it's something that's surely worth trying. IMHO working with
IPO Editor is a must for animation to get done well and currently there
are only a few cases were you can trust editing QuatX,Y,Z when you mean
RotX,Y,Z.

Anyway, this have been in Plumiferos wishlist (a way to let user to set
Euler instead of Quaternion) from quite a long time, so I can imagine is
no easy job.

Regards

malefico.