[Bf-funboard] Blender CAD?

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sat Jun 16 19:30:14 CEST 2007

The UI is bad? rewrite/rework it.  but that dosnt mean rewrite the whole
app. Netscape tried that and they were without a new browser for years
(referencing  http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000069.html )

saying "hey blender is no good for cad, why dont you rewrite?" is silly,
since its not a cad application..

Interface will be re-designed some for 2.5 release. DXF import is being
worked on see
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84319&page=5

You can draw edge length, face area and face angles if you want.
  See "mesh tools 1" panel.

If you want an opensource cad app, try...
http://www.qcad.org/qcad.html
http://www.brlcad.org/
http://archimedes.incubadora.fapesp.br/portal