[Bf-funboard] 2 versions of Blender

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Fri Jun 15 13:39:35 CEST 2007

> From: Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au>
> Can I have 2 separate versions of Blender operating on FC6 without overwriting
> the yum installation.

Yes. Blender does not require installation, you can have any amount of
versions in directories of your choice and just execute them from there.
They might all then use the same .blender directory for storing user
prefs and such but that is probably ok.

So you can just grab tarballs of different builds, extract them and
execute the blender binary from there. AFAIK that is true for all Linux
varieties and Mac & Windows alike, probably all the other platforms too.

> Roger

~Toni