[Bf-funboard] Where & Why

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Tue Feb 6 01:43:19 CET 2007

Roger wrote:

> I tried soft linking  python 2.4. as python2.3 but that doesn't work
> either.
> I do not really want to install python 2.3.

It won't work with different versions, you need to have the same Python
version used in the Blender executable you want to run. The System
Information script tells you what version your Blender uses (a mention
in the paths section there is not enough, since you may have a system
var pointing to a wrong version). Or you can also run this inside
Blender's text editor (type it, then use ALT+p to run):

import sys
print sys.version

===

Looking at Blender's official download page:

http://blender.org/cms/Blender.31.0.html

you can find versions for linux (that's what you're using, right?) using
either Python 2.3 or Python 2.4, so you just need to download the right
one for you. Note, though, that a new Blender release should come in
about a week and that you can also get a 2.43 release candidate:

http://blender.org/cms/Changes_since_2_42.771.0.html

--
Willian