[Bf-funboard] Where & Why

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Mon Feb 5 02:37:43 CET 2007

===== Got it thanks

> The readme file should come with Blender, as mentioned in the message.
> It's in the release/text folder, if you're building Blender yourself.
>
> Link to the cvs version:
> http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/blender/release/text/blender.html?rev=1.3&cvsroot=bf-blender

====== I dont know anything about cvs.
======  couldn't make head nor tail out of the site, what to download, etc..
====== the only file that mentioned cvs was a trial version of something, I dont know.
=== nothing clear cut that says download cvs click here.

>> - Paths:

> import sys
> print sys.version  ====== reports  2.4.1
> print sys.path ========= reports '/usr/bin/python2.4', '/usr/lib/python2.4' and so on.

>> < To know more, check the API Reference doc (specifically the
>> API_related and
>> Registry parts) and the documentation for the "Scripts Config Editor"
>> script.>

> It should be there, the API_related and Blender.Registry pages:
>
> http://www.blender3d.org/documentation/242PythonDoc/API_related-module.html
>
> http://www.blender3d.org/documentation/242PythonDoc/Registry-module.html
>
>> Scripts Config Editor in blender 2.42a  gives an error message, it needs th missing modules,  how helpful is that ?.
>

> It relies on modules not found in your install.
>
> So the first thing is to make sure that you have the same Python version
> that is used in the Blender executable that you have.

===== this may be the problem === I have python2.4 and the system-info.txt mentions python 2.3
So it seems that the blender 2.42 versions I downloaded   2 weeks ago are compiled against an old
python version.

> Lastly, to test your Python installation you can open the standalone
> Python interpreter (type python in a shell) and try to import one or
> more of those modules that are reported as missing.

Python Imports  and prints  all modules, none are missing.
A curiosity.
The Camera.py startup script  imports math and works, without error. system-info.txt reports math as
missing module -- why?
  I ran system-info, yesterday 4 times consecutively one after another and each <warnings> reported
different missing modules   why?

Interesting note: Some of the scripts work ok in Blender 2.37 but not 2.42.
is this a path problem?

I tried soft linking  python 2.4. as python2.3 but that doesn't work either.
I do not really want to install python 2.3.

Thanks
Roger