[Bf-funboard] Wireframe/Shaded/Potato render modes.

Bob Wenzlaff rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com
Fri Dec 21 17:01:24 CET 2007

Is there a way, or should there be a way to render a scene in lower
quality modes like wire or OpenGL shaded mode?

The thought is that for complex animations the ALT-A preview is _way_
too slow to get a good sense of timing.  There is a button for
"render current view" that puts the current view into the image
preview window.  It seems it should be simple to do that but put the
results for every frame of a scene into an image clip, so it can be
viewed real-time.  This way you don't waste several minutes rendering
each frame to find out the animation has a mistake that wasn't
obvious until played back at full speed.

Det. Thorn.

(PS:  If you're wondering what ever became of me, my job now involves
a lot of Blender as an engineering visualization tool...  Too busy
using Blender to code right now.)