[Bf-funboard] Blender Doubts

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Mon Aug 6 12:18:58 CEST 2007

sowmyakrishnan k wrote:
> Hi,
>
>          i want to type tamil alphabets in blender and i want to
> animate the letters thereby teaching  how to learn tamil.
>
> in blender there is a option called unicode font support,but the
> unicode font table for tamil  is not available.
>
> can u please say me how i should import tamil charcters and how i
> should animate it?
>
> is there any newest version available for blender to support these
> features?
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> SowmyaKrishnan

Ah i see that you are right, when trying to get the tamil unicode table
it does not show anything, are you trying to use the default blender font?

Could I suggest that you first try loading a unicode font that you know
has tamil characters (i don't know what font this would be). then try
looking up the table.

The other alternative to try would be to import a text file into blender
containing the characters that you want to use (in the text editor).
there is an option to create a 3d object from a text file.  Then try
characters appear.

if this does not work then i would refer you on to Alexander Ewing (i
may have misspelt his last name).  he is the coder who added the font
support into blender.

I hope that helps, and solves your problem. let me know if it does.

Doug Ollivier