[Bf-funboard] RE: 'The selected vertices form a concave quad' must die!

J L aligorith at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:46:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

I agree.

That darned message is absolutely wretched, espeically when you can see that
a quad can nicely be made from 4 verts. Often, it just involves adding 1
edge to make this work well. When modelling, I DON'T CARE if it's concave or
convex, all that matters is that I want a quad.

Checking the code, this is what seems to be happening:
6 checks are performed to see what order the verts should be in. They seemed
to be based on determining whether the diagonals of the quad defined by the
4 points in that order intersect. Is there really no other way to do this?
Or are the any other tests that can be done to figure it out for the
remaining cases?

And while we're at this, could some other tweaks around this area be done?
i.e. if you have 4 verts selected, and those 4 verts already form 2
triangles, why not convert those triangles to a quad?

Regards,
Aligorith