[Bf-funboard] Request - "Rip and Fill"

Douglas Bischoff bischofftep at mac.com
Thu Nov 9 04:52:32 CET 2006

Hello, all!

The new "rip" tool for mesh editing is fantastic! I have found it to
be a great solution when you need to create a new edgeloop that does
NOT go all the way around, but rather intersects with another vertex.
The workflow NOW is "select vertices, rip, fill gap one face at a time."

What I'd like to request is a modifier key to "V" which would Rip as
it does now... but would "extrude" or "fill" the gap created FOR you.

For example, see this picture illustrating the 3-step workflow. If
you simply omit step "2" you'll see what my feature request IS.

http://www.ceridwenproductions.com/Files/RipNFill.jpg

If there's a better way, please let me know!

-Doug "bischofftep" Bischoff