[Bf-funboard] User Interface, Mouse Specifically

myselfhimself at free.fr myselfhimself at free.fr
Thu May 11 16:38:36 CEST 2006

I don't understand when you mean :
Maya can do more with
zooming, translation and rotation by dedicating the mouse to that in the
graphics window.

Personally, I don't know much maya.
In blender, zooming can be done with ctrl alt click or mousewheel I think. And
if the zoom is weird, the perspective type must be changed with 5 (keypad).
For translation and rotation, I just use G and R. Or if you mean translation and
rotation of the view itself : shift+middle mouse and middle mouse do the job.

Now I can tell that it's sometimes annoying not being able to change the
viewpoint when modifying an object. (ex : bb to select... you can't rotate the
view to the opposite side or your mesh without exiting the select mode, moving
around and then bb-ing again..). For now you can do only one thing at a time :
either editing or moving your viewpoint in the scene, but not both at the same
time.

Jonathan