[Bf-funboard] Any hope for GIF output ?

Ralf Hölzemer cheleb at gmx.de
Sun Jul 23 11:07:36 CEST 2006

Hi Jean

> I'd like to use the animated GIF format as they are compact when
> optimized, can be pre-loaded/background loaded and are good for any
> platform.

I have no direct answer to your question, but an alternative solution to
your problem.

Did you hear about Cortado? It is a java applet that is capable to
stream Theora encoded movies without the need for users to install those
codecs.
To encode movies i would recommend ffmpeg2theora, which is a command
line tool that is available for all major platforms.

More about Theora: http://www.theora.org
Cortado applet: http://www.flumotion.net/cortado
ffmpeg2theora: http://www.v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora

Cheers,