[Bf-funboard] Re: Hard Delete

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Jul 21 18:47:15 CEST 2006

Hi,
cbarton at metavr.com (2006-07-21 at 1342.15 +1000):
> What would you call it? - I was thinking about the linux filesystem-
> soft-link and hard-link
> But I dont mind- just the functionality would be good.

Are you sure you understand those FS terms? That or I do not
understand at all what are you talking about/why are you suggesting
it.

Soft links can point to inexistent files (any Blender equivalent?),
and multiple hard links can point to the same thing but only when all
hard links are removed, the disk space will be freed (which one could
say is what Blender does). To remove a file with multiple hard links
you need a script to find files in current FS that share the same
inode number (or truncate size to 0 if what you care is just about
getting rid of the contents).

GSR