[Bf-funboard] alt R

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Fri Jul 7 01:47:18 CEST 2006

If one works with 3 views on monitor screen then the inserted object
orients according to the active view, the view on which the mouse is
operating.
I suggest to simply add an object ' within in the view you wish it to be
oriented to '.

The misunderstanding of pre orienting objects comes form one's training
not from Blender.

If one comes to Blender from a 3D Solid Geometry background where work
planes are required on which to place objects then object placement is
simple as accepting the screen face (the grid) as the work plane.

If one comes from a 3D space background, the whole process becomes
confusing when trying to relate it to Blender.

May I suggest that in tutorials,  the first thought process would be, to
teach students is that the monitor screen face (view) is the 'work
plane'  upon which objects are placed.

Hope this helps
Roger