[Bf-funboard] Reset Rotation ( ALT and R ), the most used keys in Blender

Mal mal at candomultimedia.com
Tue Jul 4 12:43:32 CEST 2006

Hi all bf-funboarders!

I've been noticing that a lot of the tutorials ( including the one I'm
putting together ) require that new users almost always ( well, always
so far! ) require that, after they add a new object, they have to now
clear the rotation on the object.

Every time you add an object, what percentage of the times do you either...

1) Clear the rotation ( ALT+R, or select from menu ) on it ( after
hitting TAB first of course... this is a separate topic, but shouldn't
ALT+R clear the rotation, even within edit mode? )
2) Go to a top/left/front viewport, and create it there - this requires
a bit of thinking... made a bit easier now, thanks to the on-screen
axis, but still.
or...
3) You actually want the object to be orientated to the
non-top/left/right view.

For me, the percentage would be...

1) 99%
2) 1%
3) 0%

It will be interesting to hear the workflow of other Blender users, with
regards to adding new objects into the scene.

Normally I add an object, immediately come out of edit mode, immediately
clear the rotation, and then move the object into the correct place.

Regards...
Mal