[Bf-funboard] New and impressive tools from polyboost

Carsten Wartmann Carsten.Wartmann at imago-viva.de
Fri Sep 23 14:05:07 CEST 2005

Tom M wrote:
> Polyboost has a number of interesting new features
>
> http://www.cmlcreative.com/Videos/PolyBoost2_video.avi
>
> UVs
>
> Brecht at the end is a tool for tweaking uv coordinates in the 3d
> viewport looks really great for reducing distortion

I wish I had Max to try. At the moment I am experimenting with Panos
mapped on a sphere, but the distorsions drive me crazy...

Any hint how to reduce them with another tool? Or is it a mathematical
limitation? I wonder how they did it:
http://www.reflex-sim.dyndns.org/reflex-sim/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=XTR5021&id=3dm1

They have something called "PanolusionEngine", which uses the same type
of panoramic images, but obviously (I own that simulator) without
distorsions....

Regards,
Carsten