[Bf-funboard] faster workflow in blender.

Frédéric van der Essen fred at mentalwarp.com
Sun Jun 5 21:03:56 CEST 2005

the problem with a "repeat tool" is that it only works when you are
using one tool at time.
it would work great for things like "extrude 10 times"
but it wouldn't work for "extrude and subdivde 10 times" or any workflow
where you have to alternate
between tools. (extruding 10times, then subdividing is not always
possible, and isn't a really flexible workflow)
with the proposed solution you would not only have one repeat shortcut
for each menu, but  you also
spare a lot of clicks to select items in menus.

and selecting by numbers is nice but is complementary, pressing numbers
instead of clicking is just
moving the problem elsewhere.

the lack of precision is when you keep a mouse button pressed, here it
is about keeping a keyboard shortcut
pressed, and we already do it all the time in blender.