[Bf-funboard] faster workflow in blender.

Nick Winters nickrwinters at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 20:27:55 CEST 2005

in the menus like the specials menu [w key] you can hit a number
corresponding to the entry you want to choose.

for example, hit w then 1to subdivide

merge is w,4,1 [at center] or w,4,2 [at cursor]

and so on... this does take some getting used to [I don't personally
use it], but people do use it [and have complained when new entires in
the specials menu moved others]

there have been complaints when it was suggested that we hold buttons
down for transforms and menus... mostly due to the apparent strain and
lack of precision available.

I think your example would just ask for a "repeat" function... do we
have any spare keys to map it to?
On 6/5/05, Frédéric van der Essen <fred at mentalwarp.com> wrote:
> the current workflow in blender is quite good but requires too much LMB
> clicks; merging two vertices requires two lmb clicks, extrude requires
> on clic, IMO it is too much.
> the current workflow is the following :
*snip*
> the only drawback that i see is that this behaviour maybe difficult to
> grasp for newbies, but this "fast" method could be activated with
> userpref...
>
> what do you think ?

Umm, does blender have any feature or workflow changed that is enabled
by user prefrences? I personally think "make it an option in the
prefrences" is a fairly ugly hack